Communication and Networking Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building a portfolio

4 posters

Go down

Building a portfolio Empty Building a portfolio

Post by Admin Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:20 pm

1. Explain the importance of having a work portfolio in your field of work (if not applicable, pick another question)
2. Present the pieces of work that you want to acquire for your portfolio and say how you will develop them

Admin
Admin

https://comm-and-networking.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Building a portfolio Empty Re: Building a portfolio

Post by hooman.karagah Fri May 05, 2017 1:20 pm

what is a portfolio?
portfolio is documents of proof of performance of what you learn on your study and how do you use your skills in your future career.

why do we use portfolio?
Portfolio is like sales material of what you acquire and demonstrate your ability through the field of your study.

what do you need to build a portfolio/?
First of all you need a CV which is include all of your past experience, your education, courses that you passed, skills that you have. it also should have a summary of what you got in your professional experience.

then you should prepare all the material that demonstrate your professional affiliation such as Pictures videos or files to show your true ability of doing that job.

next step is collecting all your licenses and certificates that you have earned.

the letters of references is necessary as a proof of where you have done all these.

if you have a large portfolio with lots of material and certificates you probably need a smaller version of your portfolio for interviews so that you can present you and experience and abilities very briefly, you can also make an online portfolio with the link that is mentioned in your CV.

the benefit of having a portfolio in an interview is that you can easily present highlight your experiences and accomplishment and visualize your ability of specific job.

To have a professional portfolio make sure that it is focused to your targeted job, standout your actual skills and abilities and can remind you to share related information.

Conclusion:
you absolutely need a portfolio to organize what you achieved in your life professional experience and to present and visualize them, it also helps you to add value to your job application and it is a proof of your real skills,

Resources:
http://www.career.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/imported/storage/original/application/14ff67753b55c2199e46480a800a9a5b.pdf
https://www.levo.com/posts/4-reasons-you-need-an-online-portfolio "

hooman.karagah
hooman.karagah

Back to top Go down

Post by hooman.karagah Fri May 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Social Media Development
To make an Instagram profile with the subject of Pets which is linked to Facebook and twitter page, the objective is to gain followers which can be lead as a traffic to the website or an app and also have a chance to advertising Pet related products on the page as shoutout.
The Idea: came from the pet that I own with lots of pictures and video that can be shared through social media accounts.
Execution by start an Instagram business profile that is linked to twitter and Facebook account with the ability to show the insights of account ( engagement and impressions ) and start to follow the people who are interested in the same niche and like and comment on their post and wait for them to give it back.
Result: collecting about 5K followers in 4 month and have a target of 10K in next 3 month.

www.instagram.com/princess_da_charmin_cat
hooman.karagah
hooman.karagah

Back to top Go down

Building a portfolio Empty Task #2

Post by Jasmine Sayegh Thu May 11, 2017 4:22 pm

In addition to Hooman's post:

A portfolio adds to the value of your job application. It allows your future employer to see past your resume and cover letter. It also gives you the chance to show your future employer things that you haven’t put on your resume that proves your skills and qualifications. It also helps you as an individual see your professional growth and accomplishments.

It is super important to have a portfolio in my field of work if I want to continue in digital content. My future employer needs to see what I have worked on in the past to give them an idea of what I could possibly produce for them given my experience.

My portfolio will consist of Marketing Materials that I have produced for the Queen E already. This will show my future employer that not only can I produce digital content I can also produce print in a proper format. I will also include digital content I created for their social media, as well as some documents that I worked on to record popular posts on the social media accounts we have.

I will also be included reference letters from my current employer to give my future employer an idea of how I was seen in my last job.

Jasmine Sayegh

Jasmine Sayegh

Back to top Go down

Building a portfolio Empty Building a portfolio

Post by assya.nikolova Thu May 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Task 2

In additon to Hooman and Jasmine's comments I would also like to add that:

Certain professions need to have professional portfolio-for example like artists, freelancer, and developers.
As I would like to make a career change and to go to digital marketing I have to present to future employers my knowledge with proofs. Showing different created websites, results before and after SEO optimization, created logos and banners using Illustator, XD and Photoshop could present to future employers what is the level of experience I have. It online campaign and implemented Analytics in the websites could be measures results of the work- how successful are the campaigns, how many people are reached with them, how many subscribers I have on created by me Facebook page and twitter account. It could also support my interests like what groups I am following, what areas I have interests.
A professional portfolio allows gathering all important information about professional experience, contacts, recommendations, thank you letters, working and projects during studies, educational background, and personal interests if they are related to the field and volunteer experience in one place. The portfolio provides proofs of learning, experiences and achievements and demonstrates your current knowledge and skills.
It could be a binder with paper materials or digital portfolio.
It is important to have different sections:
Professional documents
All documents which are related to work should be included in the portfolio. CV and Cover letter should be the first documents in the section. Thank you letters from clients, colleagues, recommendations from former or current employers or volunteers jobs if related to the field, colleagues and supervisor (also from the LinkedIn profile), testimonials, List of references with contact’s information.

Diplomas and Certificates and trainings
- Certificates of internal trainings and
- Attendance of workshops, seminars, and conferences
- Different degrees
- Certifications
- licenses
- Awards, internships information
- Copies of transcripts could be also added

Volunteer experience
Volunteer work in same field of interests and feedback and recommendations from organizations. My volunteer experience supports my personal qualities - that I am responsible person, people trust me, I am well organized .

Personal interests
Share some personal interests for example online courses to speak in front of public or improving communications courses

It is very important to tailor my portfolio with the position for which I am applying.
For me it will be very important to include my Educational experience and projects as I am making career change. I should include all projects from my courses for created websites, for making marketing research, the SEO improvements of websites and the analysis of data. For me will be useful also to make both digital and paper portfolio in order to be able to present myself, supported by proofs and with links for my projects. I will also include written recommendation from my teachers.
To look professional, for the paper portfolio I found recommendation the to be black, dark brown, or navy.

https://blog.udemy.com/professional-portfolio-examples/
https://www.hover.com/blog/choosing-domain-name-for-portfolio-website/

assya.nikolova

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down