What is a mentor?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is a mentor?

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:03 pm

1. What is a mentor? Name 4 characteristics of a mentor
a) Why would someone want to be a mentor?
b) Discuss strategies to acquire a mentor
c) Discuss the role of a protégé
d) How is a mentor different from a business partner?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://comm-and-networking.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What is a mentor?

Post by Jasmine Sayegh on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi,
I am reserving this question.
Thank you,
Jasmine Sayegh

Jasmine Sayegh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Task 1

Post by Jasmine Sayegh on Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:13 pm

A mentor is someone who takes on the responsibility to help guide another individual. The mentor is there to help the person in a positive way, they try and help them gain knowledge while being constructive.

The mentor gives information and advice, and helps encourage the individual in relation to the experience the mentor has gained over the years. They are the individuals go-to person when they need someone to listen.

Four characteristics of a mentor are, having a positive attitude, being willing to share skills/knowledge, good listener, and a good communicator. Without these characteristics the mentorship relationship might be very hard to have.

Some people want to be mentors because they enjoy helping others and seeing them succeed. They have faith in people and enjoy helping them reach their full potential. Mentors feel more accomplished because it gives them a good feeling because they were able to help someone. You also sometimes end up with a long term friend in the end.

If you want a mentor, don’t just ask a stranger.
In order to get on the radar of a stranger whom you admire, don’t ask them to mentor you, just show appreciation and give support. When looking for a mentor, you can consider people who are in your circle of acquaintances. You can find a mentor in a school atmosphere, maybe one of your teachers, faculty, or older experienced students. You can also consider, coaches, colleagues, an old boss, business acquaintances, or a neighbour. If you can’t find anyone you know, you can consider looking online, there are specific websites dedicated to mentorship relationships.

A protégé is someone who is mentored by an individual. A mentor takes pride in his protégé, this means that you have become better than when you first started the mentorship. The mentor wants to show you off and be proud of what you have accomplished. As a protégé, your role is to communicate effectively with your mentor, and use the experience of your mentor to your advantage.

In order to be a protégé, you need to be willing to learn, and take constructive feedback. You need to be willing to change, work independently, and be willing to put the time into maintaining the relationship between you and your mentor. You also need to be a great listener in order to receive the information from your mentor. Most importantly, be someone who is pleasant to mentor. Make sure you are eager to learn, and able to take advice and change. The whole point of having a mentor is to excel.

A business partner and mentor have a lot of similarities but the main difference between a mentor and a business partner is a mentor is there to help you gain experience and the protégé is at a lower level, a business partner should be on an equal playing field as you. You are to work together with your business partner on a company goals, a mentor is there to help you work toward your own business goals, but have no emotional tie to your specific business just to the field.

Jasmine Sayegh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What is a mentor

Post by assya.nikolova on Thu May 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Task 2

In addition to Jasmine's notes I would like to add more information:

The mentor should be:

1. Be able to encourage by giving challenges
The mentor should be a person who assigns a little bit more difficult task to his protégée and  to require mentor’s involvement. The responsibility to mentor someone is an ongoing relationship and should be moving toward a specific goal. The task should be very specific and to be observed and to use it as a way to teach. Giving the challenge to his mentee, the mentor could help his to grow, to understand his strengths and weaknesses.

2. Be specific and provide very detailed how to steps
After the goal is set, the mentor should provide very well structured instructions step by step and if needed some steps to be shown by the mentor (like sports mentors)

3. Able to criticize but followed by encouragement three times
The mentor should provide feedback on the work. Sometimes that includes also criticizing. It is very important to encourage the protégée in order to excel his work and to be motivated to work so it is good method to follow- after criticism, always to encourage mentee at least three time by showing their progress.

4. Be professional in case of conflicts
The mentor should be a person who always behaves in professional way, to avoid conflicts and to know how away not to get into personal conflicts. Sometimes conflicts happen, but the professional attitude could be prevented not to turn into a personal conflict.

5. Don’t use too complicated terms
The mentor should be a person who explains in professional way to his mentee. He should avoid using very complicated terms and to explain in details the all information. If the mentee doesn’t understand what the mentor is explaining, he could think that the real goal is just to pretend to learn something, not to learn in fact.

6. Reveal your humanness
The mentor should be a person who is not afraid to share his personality. He should not be afraid to show and share his faults, bad experience, and weakness. This could be very useful to a mentee to understand and to see from lessons learned.

Nowadays a lot of big organizations (for example software companies) have mentors programs. The mentor does not necessarily have more technical or practical knowledge, but is a person who is aware of the company culture and all necessary information.  They help new on boarding employees. That mentors help their mentees to understand the organizational structure, where and how to find the proper answers to his questions, what is acceptable and what is not supported by company culture. They help the mentee, to adapt fast, to make its transition easier into the new environment, to be introduced to other colleagues, to make connections with the team. Some companies even use more than one mentor for one mentee, that means that different mentors are responsible for different parts of the onboarding and different programs.

The E-mentor is a person who shares information by Skype or other platforms. He is reachable online and could interact with the mentee.
There is also possibility to use online software or e-mail to mentoring people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mentoring
https://www.inc.com/john-brandon/6-strategies-to-help-you-mentor-more-effectively.html

Last edited by assya.nikolova on Thu May 11, 2017 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

assya.nikolova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hooman.karagah on Thu May 11, 2017 3:08 pm

in additional of Jasmine`s , I will write about how to find a proper mentor:

It is really important to find a proper mentor because it shapes the future of your professional life. So the first step is you have to know why you need a mentor then look for them, the one who is honest and most forward thinking. you can search through different channels such as Networking events, LinkedIn, Twitter, Small business development centers or your friend and families. they should not necessarily be like you or the person that you are looking for.He could be someone with a different perspective. Don’t be afraid to ask them, the connection doesn’t necessarily come with a relationship, it could be easily in a form a question or it could be through a meeting. Remember you have to give it back to them by dedicating time and energy and getting the results.

These are the sources that I read about this title:

http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/5943-how-to-choose-mentor.html

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/271908

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/249950

https://www.fastcompany.com/3052068/8-successful-people-share-how-not-to-find-a-mentor

https://fizzle.co/sparkline/how-to-find-a-mentor

hooman.karagah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What is a mentor?

Post by qianyin luo on Thu May 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Task 3

There are 2 reasons to drive someone want to be a mentor as followings:

First, the person who wants to be a mentor has subconscious mind to provide his/her suggestions or knowledge to others, specially he/she believes that if I don’t assist others, others can’t be on his/her perfect way.

Second, the person who wants to be a mentor has an intense sense of responsibility to do something for others, the sense of responsibility is an ideology, so he/she provides suggestions, information and advice for others without hesitation.

So, someone has the sense of responsibility and enthusiastic thoughts to helping others usually will want to become mentors.

Through helping others, someone will gain the sense of accomplishment, self-growing and happiness, that is why someone want to be a mentor.

qianyin luo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What is a mentor?

Post by qianyin luo on Thu May 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Task 3

b)Discuss strategies to acquire a mentor

First of all, it should consider what aspect do you want to get a mentor’s help. For business, professional skills, academic knowledge or life problem. Because everyone has his advantage and disadvantage, he can’t know everything. Thinking about what problem you have or what information or advice you need to gain is the first thing to confirm.

Second, finding a person who is great at what you do according to the relevant demand, the person should prefer to help you and provide the useful information or advice for you.  The person you can find at your friends group or friend circle, professional network, industry association etc. To confirm the person that you want her/him to be your mentor.

Third, communicating with the person that you want her/him to be your mentor, you can express your idea and expect your mentor help and provide useful information for you. This situation is for the person who you already knew each other.

If the person who you want him/her to be your mentor, but you don’t know each other, you could find a platform to meet him/her. For example, you can pay attention his/her blog and begin to follow his/her blog articles, retweet out his/her posts, to share and discuss your point at his/her blog. After interaction to let her/him to know more about you, naturally drive her/him to be your mentor.

If you want someone to be your mentor, you must give an expression to that person to know what you are, to reflect your value and personality to let the person accept you. Without acceptance, no one will be random to become your mentor, put yourself at the same boat to think about why I help someone. What you think what you need to do.

As a protégé, the role should be as below:

 To let your mentor to enjoy helping you, don’t give uncomfortable sense to your mentor have a feeling to stop to give you a hand.
 To express your sincere attitude towards learning from your mentor.
 To share your points and new outcome to your mentor for communicating and making his/her help meaningful.
 To make yourself improve as well as to let your mentor have a progress during helping you.
 To reflect your mentor’s value and let you mentor continuing to keep this relationship between you and your mentor.

The difference between mentor and a business partner as followings:

Role play:
 A mentor and a protégé are similar as a teacher and a student.
 Business partners are similar as group members to complete the assignment that teacher assigns.

Relationship:
 The relationship between a mentor and a protégé are superior and subordinate, a mentor position is higher than a protégé.
 The relationship between business partners is equal level.

Condition:
 A mentor is to give suggestion, guide a protégé or give an advice on their needed, but a mentor does not directly work for a protégé. The outcome is belonged to protégé, not mentor. All the success and risks are charged with protégé.
 Business partners are to work together, they can communicate and discuss for every decision and bear their own risks.

Objective:
 A mentor is to willing to help someone and a protégé is to want to receive help.
 Business partners are to complete their goal together to achieve the benefits.

qianyin luo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mentor

Post by MasoudTabatabaei on Mon May 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Task 3

By going about as a mentor, you can help make the move less demanding on another person. Having a guide is likewise connected with enhanced employment fulfillment, positive vocation arranges, faster advancements, and a more noteworthy likelihood that the mentee will, in the long run, turn into a coach themselves.
For individuals who are more youthful and less experienced than you, when you share your insight and encounters you can change the world for that individual.
One of the best blessings of significant worth you can give somebody is to help them get something into their creative ability.
By sharing that "this is a probability, and it is a plausibility for YOU", you can open up completely new ways in their life.

Listening effectively is an essential aptitude you will use all through your relationship.
Undivided attention builds up compatibility as well as makes a positive, tolerating condition that licenses open correspondence. By listening effectively, you will determine your protégé's advantages and needs.
Trust is worked after some time. You will build trust by keeping your discussions and different interchanges with your protégé secret, regarding your planned
gatherings and calls, reliably demonstrating interest and bolster, and by being genuine with your protégé.
As a good example, you ought to have your own profession and individual objectives and share these, when proper, with your protégé. It is likewise likely that he or she will ask you how you set and accomplish your own objectives. Moreover, you can help your protégé distinguish and accomplish his or her vocation and individual objectives.
Odds are, as their first purpose of contact inside an industry, your mentee will admire you and your experience. Regardless of whether you understand it or not, tutors affect a mentee's vacation (and life) standpoint. Tutors have the chance to develop somebody's ability set and certainty – and that is a relationship not effectively overlooked. Also, edifying someone else's life will dependably add extra joy to yours.

A protégé is an accomplice in the learning procedure with the mentor. Protégés are relied upon to assume a dynamic part in.
their own particular advancement by distinguishing their own particular needs, making those requirements particular, requesting a mentor help, and making compelling utilization of that assistance to expand their very own viability and efficiency.

Protégés ought to:

• Be ready to create and keep up affinity with people in different levels of duty
• Possess compelling verbal and composed relational abilities
• Exhibit a guarantee to self-improvement
• Be ready to work freely
• confer the time and vitality required to set up and keep up the tutor protégé organization

Protégé parts and practices include:

• Providing input to the coach, including a readiness to examine disappointments and in addition triumphs, and leveling about sentiments that are imperative or potentially solid
• Identifying and sharing needs
• Asking questions
• Communicating issues plainly
• Challenging suppositions in self as well as other people
• Searching for approaches to accomplish his or her goals; contributing thoughts regarding alternatives for tackling specific issues
• Following through on responsibilities and looking for help when vital
• Helping to deal with the guide/protégé relationship
• Being open to data and input
• Setting sensible desires with the coach
• Learn and practice self-engaging practices
• Protégés ought to have lowliness, a voracious interest, the strength to trust, and the capacity to tune in
• Active Listening

When you bring on a business accomplice or accomplices you are bringing on another spouse. It is a relationship that should be supported and regarded.
In any case, the question that most neglect to really ask is for what valid reason do I require a business accomplice? Ask yourself for what valid reason three times to get to the genuine motivation behind why you feel you require a business accomplice.
The street of business enterprise is desolate now and again.
You will be pushed and working late into the night on introductions, proposition and you will get calls from customers who are having issues on a Sunday at 5 pm… when all you need to do is unwinding with your family.
You will attempt to make the outlandish and now and again your family and companions will think you are insane and say to you why not simply land a position…. furthermore, on occasion, you make think better believe it why don't I …
It is in these circumstances you will dependably consider bringing on a business accomplice. You truly need to consider why you need to bring on a business accomplice and work out the genuine reasons.
From what I have learned about bringing on business accomplices is that I have in the past brought on accomplices just for the wrong reasons. For which I wound up paying for in real ways… like losing the business, the business fizzling or far more atrocious the business accomplice running off with the idea. This is sincerely difficult and makes you question yourself much more.
The other lesson that I learned about myself and the genuine reason I would bring on a business accomplice is that I questioned myself. I didn't feel like I was commendable or the achievement I as having and required somebody to improve what I was doing. I imagined that a business accomplice would make my item more grounded more valid yet that is not the situation by any stretch of the imagination.
I thought I needed another person required in the business since I needed a companion to battle the fights with me. What's more, that does not make a decent business relationship and my explanations behind needing a business accomplice had nothing to do with the development and accomplishment of my organization, however, my own particular individual contemplations and practices.
What I required was a tutor and mentor who could prompt me, and guide me on my choices. A sounding board for my prosperity and somebody that could be the fallen angels advocate on me and consider me responsible for achievement.
We as a whole need this individual now and again, and you will dependably be battling that voice in your mind. Which in the event that you don't have it on a chain will undermine yours from continually making the progress you need.
Get clear on the reasons of why you need a business accomplice when all you made need is a mentor, counselor or coach. You might be shocked.
The exact opposite thing you need to do is be in the position of marking over the majority of your IP or slowing down the development of your business since you have to purchase out your accomplice.

MasoudTabatabaei

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by assya.nikolova on Thu May 25, 2017 12:13 am

Task 3

Some people love to share their experience and to help other people to grow. They like to gain more knowledge in behavior between people and to know how to handle different situation. I think that there are several reasons to wanto to be a mentor.
-Some people take this opportunity as a challenge as they like new challenges and they know how important is that position.
-For some companies this is a part of the growing in positions- you should prove yourself as leader, you should show your attitude to help others and that you care about other people and also about company’s needs.
-This is a great opportunity to enrich your professional and personal experience
The mentor could change the protégée’s life and give chance to someone. He could navigate him through processes in order to facilitate his easy transaction in the new field.

I was working for a company which have on-boarding program for new employees and mentors. I was in the protégée position and I would like to share my personal experience about that. When I stared to work for the company, this program gave me the feeling that the company really cares about the employees. The program is organized in a way that the protégée together with the support of his mentor to become a part of the team following step by step procedure. As a protégée, you have to follow the procedure, but it is all based on experience and “how to base” and lessons learn You know that you can ask someone who is willing to help you to find the answer. You should be ready to learn, to adjust to company culture, to follow instructions and to show expertise.  You should be ready to ask for help and give help when someone ask you. The protégée should be ready to accept critics and to improve performance.
The protégée should be active, should always try to find the answers. He should be the one who initiate communication. The protégée should be able to develop new skills and should be able to identify alone or if needed together with the mentor his need of learning new competences.
The protégée should listen actively, to take challenges and to look for improvements.He should also be able to give feedback about his mentor.

assya.nikolova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saraghafelehbashi on Thu May 25, 2017 11:09 am

task 3

a

Being a mentor help you describe again your own career goals.
When someone to be a mentor it can help you to increase and redefine their career. you have some question about their career. Therefore, after being a mentor you can answer it easily. Because your mentee asks some questions and you have to find the answers.

you can build long contacts in your industry.
Sometimes you as a mentor and your mentee can work in the same industry. So, you can find yourself at different and variety companies.

You can achieve personal career gains.
you can help others and to be positive. It means you can effect on others positively.

You can learn lots of things.
When you are a mentor you can learn lots of things about your passion that you never heard about that. So, you can teach others.

You can share your passion with others.
When you train someone about your career and what you like. So, you can share it because you like your job and also you can encourage people to feel great about your passion.

You can change life's someone
It means you know somethings very well and you teach it and after coaching, some people did not know any idea about that subject or maybe have a worse thinking. So, after you coach their world can change.

More....
For being a good mentor we need to be credible. The best mentors must have high credibility and to be professional in it. Because people looking for a good mentor to support them. Second, the mentor must be positive. It means people can learn lots of things from the mentor. Mentors must behave in every particular situation. When mentors is positive so, mentors can solve their problem easily. Mentors must be positive because mentees look at them and learn a lot of stuff.
Also, we have to try to give them a helpful feedback. Because our feedback can help them to change their ways. We can offer them a good advice. But if you just tell them about everything. They do not care. So, wait until they ask a question about some things and then you as a mentor can explain it.

B)
First of all, we have to define what we are looking for having a mentor. If we know the reason of why we need a mentor, we can find a better mentor. We can choose someone as a mentor with a different perspective. It means we cannot learn or grow our knowledge if someone is exactly like us. It should better if mentor might be a different way to solve a problem or doing more about the subject.
We can choose a mentor that match with our style. Because we can have a better relationship in future.
We have to be flexible with our mentor. Because some of them are so busy and we cannot make a pressure for them. We can find a way to find our answer.
We have to recognize what kind of mentor that we want for example personal and professional view. Do they have feedback in positive? Or do they have a valuable network or no?

Last edited by saraghafelehbashi on Thu May 25, 2017 2:05 pm; edited 4 times in total

saraghafelehbashi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mina mirzamohammad on Thu May 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Task3 / b) Discuss strategies to acquire a mentor

1. Credible
People looking for a mentor who has the achievement, strong positive relationship with his mentees, and credible so they trust him/her for developing their skills or abilities and help them to be successful in their important decision.
2. One of a good characteristic of a qualified mentor is respecting to the mentee. A god mentor puts his mentee in a situation related to his mentee’s experience and skills. So the mentee can get new knowledge related to his field.
3. Providing fresh perspective relevant to the issue is useful for mentee
4. Providing useful feedback
5. A good mentor reminds some important issues which may have forgotten by his mentee.
6. Mentor should offer his advice in the case that mentee ask for that
7. Mentor should give feedback based on mentee’s prospect and his point of view

1.   When a Protégé trust his mentor and meet him, he should look at him as a knowledgeable and valuable person and try to engage with him during his working development
2.    Protégé should consider mentor as his partner and share his knowledge with him.
3.    Another role of Protégé is managing the relationship with his mentor. Protégé should be responsible for this relationship. He should be responsible for providing better result of this process.

References:
https://www.blueskycoaching.com.au/pdf/v4i10_mentor.pdf
https://www.asisonline.org/About-ASIS/Documents/08.%20Roles.pdf

mina mirzamohammad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by assya.nikolova on Thu May 25, 2017 1:37 pm

Task 3
b)Discuss strategies to acquire a mentor

I think that the most important when looking for a mentor is first to set personal goals and after that to start to look for professional in that area. The person should clarify what he wants, what are his expectations from the mentor.
The person should start to build strategy where to find the mentor based on his needs. If he knows someone who is the right person, he should ask him. If in the network he cannot find, the person could search online, through different online platforms based on established goals.
There are also organizations who supports individuals and business and through them it is possible to find good mentor. (for example Notman house, YES Montreal, business networks). Online there are companies who offered mentors for different areas of competences. Also LinkedIn is a good place to find the right person.
I think that when planning to attend to social events it is good to check the registered companies or individuals in the area you are looking. If you think that there is a good prospect to be a mentor, register for the event and prepare yourself to contact the person. You should try to catch his attention with useful information and to ask for opinion. This will allow you to understand whether the person is willing to share.
Online and in presence courses, conference and workshops are also good place to attend in order to find mentor. People are there to share and to meet with others, to acquire knowledge and to look for mentees also.
Good strategy is to target more than one person so to be able to answer all questions needed. If the areas of needs are different, a person could have more than one mentor for the different goals.
If the mentor is attending events, it is better to set up a meeting during that events. This will save time for organizing and finding a place for the meeting.

You should take the initiative to set up meetings, to ask questions, to share relevant experience, to volunteer.
In order to take from mentor, you should be ready to give- to be good experience for them to mentor you. The mentor should see your improvements.
If the mentor attend events, go with him, like and share his posts, ask him to give you challenges.

http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/5943-how-to-choose-mentor.html
https://findamentor.com/find-a-mentor-online/
https://www.quora.com/Are-there-any-free-online-mentoring-sites
https://kindredmentor.com/

assya.nikolova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Task 3

Post by Jasmine Sayegh on Thu May 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Since I have already answered this thread in a very non-personal way, I will now answer the questions personally

a) Why would I want to be a mentor?
I’ve been a mentor to high school students on the autism spectrum before. I would go volunteer at their lunch time to sit and talk with them. I would sometimes organise games to play in order for them to improve on their social skills. 

I enjoyed being someone the kids could look up to and come to for advice. It made me leave happy and made me feel like I was making a difference in their lives.  You feel so accomplished when being a mentor, you are helping someone grow and become a better person. I feel as though you can also learn from the person you are mentoring. I definitely learned to be more patient. Honestly being a mentor leaves you with a super satisfying feeling so why wouldn’t people want to experience that.

b) If I were to go out and look for a mentor I would definitely pick someone who is in a related field. There would be no use in finding a mentor if they weren’t going to help me with my career. Once I found someone I would ask them if they were able to set time aside to coach me, help me achieve career goals, and teach me. I would never mention the work mentor because someone get nervous and shy away when they hear that word.

If I were looking for a mentor I would probably look to someone in my contacts, maybe a teacher or co-worker. I don’t think I would want to go online and find someone. Right now because I’m an intern at the Fairmont I feel as though my supervisor at work is a mentor to me. He is helping me learn and become better at my job for my future career. I don’t think you have to ask someone to be a mentor. Someone who is there for you and helps you become a better person can be a mentor.

Jasmine Sayegh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Task 3 - Priscillia Ntongone

Post by priscillia on Thu May 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Write down the 20 smartest people you know, email them to tell them they are in your top 20 then ask them to introduce you to a mentor as you are looking for one.
Many will offer to mentor you themselves. Make sure their qualifications are directly related to your industry. Your mentor should be successful ideally he or she would have done the exact same thing you are trying to achieve.

Another strategy is to pay them for their time knowing that your return on investment will be minimum 5 times from what they will teach you. This will motivate the mentor.

If you don't have money, get a virtual mentor. After you found the perfect person, connect with him or her on all his or her social media. Attend his or her masterminds. Watch his or her videos on Youtube. Subscribe to his or her mailing list, read every piece of content he or she publishes, apply any advice given for free and when you will have some money pay for a mentoring program with this person.

The best mentor is someone who has won in his or her field, he or she is successful. He or she represents what you want to become and he or she accepts to give you advice on your business even though he or she has no official commitment. A mentor should be inspiring to kick you to get more work done. It is very different from a business partner who has invested in your company and expect a return on investment.

priscillia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hooman.karagah on Thu May 25, 2017 11:48 pm

Task #3

First step as a protégé is to identify the skills and topics you want to discuss with your mentor, then you have to step your goal with your mentor and set up a plan. As you start with your mentor search and identify the sources of learning. you work with mentor as a knowledge source and deal with him as a valuable partner .So in total, protégé make agreement with mentor to work on their suggestion and report the results and he should take care of the process, outcomes and also relationship.

sources:
https://www.asisonline.org/About-ASIS/Documents/08.%20Roles.pdf
https://www.rfsuny.org/media/RFSUNY/Documents/Learnng--Development/Mentoring-Program/ProtegeRolesResponsibilities.pdf
hooman.karagah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hooman.karagah on Fri May 26, 2017 12:06 am

Task #3

first step before you acquire a mentor is to define your expectation, objectives, and goals so you will figure out what kind of mentor you want and what specific role you expect your mentor to provide, then try to search for a mentor everywhere, think out of the box, you can find a mentor everywhere, at your work, in your college or university, in your family, NGO…. when you find someone that is suitable to be your mentor, you have to do research about your new mentor, then you have to set up a meeting, make your business plan ready and the topics that you want to get help and what do you want to say, in a comfortable place that you can talk with confidence, after the meeting you have to follow up and appreciate for their time, make a professional relationship and ask him for feedback

Sources:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisaquast/2014/01/06/finding-a-mentor-is-easier-than-you-think/#750fd4b952f5

https://goinswriter.com/find-mentor/

hooman.karagah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top